Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cafe Morocco


Cafe Morocco
1221 Alhambra Blvd # 107
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 731-4637

We had an uber-small contingent this week - apparently many were "on vacation". It was me (Jarla), my better half, his friend and Nairb.

The strip-mall exterior and random Wishing Well decor belied the tasty delights in store. The food was excellent: super-garlicky hummus, fresh warm pita, spicy pickled vegetables & kabobs galore.
I tried a Moroccan wine something like a Merlot - it was "meh". The boys had beer: A lager-style called Casa Blanca (I think) and a Lebanese Pilsner called Almaza - they said both were decent.

Our waitress was a bit ditsy but nice. She was pouring my second glass of wine (to the top) and said "I can never stop... 'cause I'm a big wino" to which I replied "I like you".

Journal (on a spare business card) was sparse, but included the following quotes:
"I really, really HATE goat cheese." - Nairb
"Night Rider is my default ringer." - TheRiddler

No comments: