Thursday, July 30, 2009

Burger & Brews

1409 R Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 442-0900



A smaller crowd tonight for burgers, beer and deep fried things. We headed to the new Burger & Brews in the great little R street area of downtown. We have already hit the Shady Lady, gone to R15 a few times, planning on hitting Magpie in the next few weeks - so we are working our way around the area.

It's a smallish place and the guy seating people was a little fussy. Maybe he was just tired of people, let's hope so. They have a great selection of burgers including buffalo. I would have loved to see ostrich on the menu, but I had a regular old cow burger and it was delicious!

Obviously handmade, a little charred on the edges and juicy in the middle. Mine was covered in jalapenos so I was a happy girl. You can choose garlic fries, curly fries or onion rings and everyone liked what they got. Overall, the food was great and the portions were huge.

The beer selection didn't disappoint. The wine selection was pretty good too so really, if you can't find something you like to drink, you're just not trying.

The only odd thing... It's August in Sacramento and they had their fancy gas fireplace going. Really? It's f-ing hot! Stop showing off they fireplace, you have all winter to bust that thing out.

Journal tidbits:
"The guy at the bar next to me recommended the buffalo burger. He has a mustache. Needless to say, I'm getting the buffalo burger" - RobotGoBen

"I'm on prohibition, I mean probation" - NakedBob

Waitress asked NakedBob if he needed a box... "No thanks. I'll just put my stuff in TheJenny's box" - Naked Bob... TheJenny's response - "Yeah, you will!"




No comments: