Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tres Agaves Mexican Restaurant

1182 Roseville Parkway
Roseville, CA 95678
(916) 782-4455

Tres Agaves is located in the fancy-schmancy Fountains out in Roseville. As expected it is more expensive than a normal Mexican restaurant and they have an upscale and expensive tequila list, but I have to say it was pretty good! I think part of the price is the scene you get to be part of, so it that's what floats your boat then you'll be fine. If you want to avoid the slight meat-market/douchebaggery that comes along with the location - I think you could go elsewhere.

They serve beans, rice & tortillas family style in the tiniest little bowls and many drunks commented on how stingy they were, but in the end very few of the bowls were actually empty. Either way, it looks bad on the table. Much better to have few, larger bowls.

I only tried my food which was a very delicious chile relleno. An actually chile roasted with cheese, mushrooms and corn. I loved it. The margaritas were very good - chips, salsa and drinks at Tres Agaves would be a great happy hour option.



No comments: