Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Purple Place

The Purple Place Bar & Grill
363 Green Valley Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
(916) 933-2616

We like to call this place "The Purp". And we love it here. It has been in this same place since the dawn of time. I remember when there was nothing between downtown Folsom and where we lived in El Dorado Hills except for this one little spot on Green Valley Road with a gas station, biker bar and feed store. And it's still there! Although it's been classed up just a wee bit.

Admittedly, I wasn't even there that night, so here is my recreation from the journal. If you were there feel free to add your two cents.

"The Purple Place: Now with sleepy chubs & snakes"

Opening Scene. Act I
Drunks arrive and promptly rescue a large stripy snake (I'm going to say gopher snake), who was injured and headed into the parking. They moved him to the field.

Act II
NakedBob arrives with his sassy pants on and a mouth full of piss and vinegar.

Act III
The equally sassy waitress arrives and her and NakedBob start posturing to see who is going to win this sass battle (I vote waitress).

Scene Two. Act I
Ordering, drinking, trash talking, settling in and bugging the baby.

Act II
"I'll bring you the ketchup so you'll stop talking" - Waitress Melissa to NakedBob (she might be winning, but he is wearing her down).

Act III
"There is no fiddle in ABBA" - Jarla

Scene Three. Act I
Some sort of oneupmanship has started between Waitress Melissa & NakedBob.
"I have 6 toes." - Melissa
Wow. Point for her.

Act II
"Everything needs socks. Scribby needs socks." - RobotGoBen (okay so I have no idea was is going on now...I'm just along for the ride like you).

Act III
"Shackled Shim - They don't call him 'Manacles' for nothing." - Bump
(followed by a page full of words that start with the letter "S". No clue.)

Closing Scene
"Thursday Drunks,
It was a blast harassing all of you! Now I see why it takes you a full year to come back...Keep up the bad jokes NakedBob, you're really great at them :).
Thanks, Melissa"

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Scene!




No comments: